Yes, sad but true...Mila is in Kindergarten---ALREADY! I can't believe how quickly she has grown. She has been so excited to start school and so have we, but today it hit me hard just how fast she has grown up. No longer will I know what she is doing all day everyday like I used to...and no longer will I get to spend all my time with her. That makes me sad, but I'm happy that she looks forward to going to school and trying new things. I was talking to Mila about how I'm sad that my little girl is growing up and she said to me, "Mom, it happens." Apparently I'm taking this harder than she is! I guess its time for me to let go a little and let my baby girl grow up.
She had a great first day. We decided to have her ride the bus because it just makes more sense than me loading 3 kids in the car everyday to get her to and from school. She was so excited about this. Jake and I sent her off on the bus and then proceeded to follow it to school to make sure that she made it to her class ok, and so that I could take pictures of her at her desk on the first day. She gave me a quick kiss goodbye and away I went. Then I sat for the next 3+ hrs anxiously waiting for her to come home. I was so happy to see her smiling face as she hopped off the bus! She loved the bus ride to school, but complained about how the bus is "overly crowded" on the ride home (since the big kids are on at that time too). She likes her teacher and said she even made a friend! So happy that she is doing well, but I didn't doubt that she would. I'm looking forward to seeing what she learns over the next year, and I'm excited to volunteer in her class when I get the chance!
On to the other 2 kiddos...Jaxon is doing great! He is FINALLY figuring the whole potty thing out, for the most part. He pees in the toilet every time, but we are having difficulties with the other part. Hoping he figures that out soon. I would love to have just 1 in diapers! He continues to make us laugh with the things he does and what he says. Love that little guy!
Maylee is growing like crazy! She is such an awesome baby and I feel so blessed that I was given 3 easy babies. Maybe that means that I'm really in for it when they are older, but I appreciate what I have now. We had Maylee's 6 month check up a week before she was 7 months old. She is now 17 lbs 2 oz and is right on track with everything. She is in the 50th percentile for weight and length, but you'd never know it by looking at her chunky monkey thighs! She is eating baby food now and likes most of it, except for the green veggies (I don't blame her). She LOVES her big sister. Her face lights up as soon as Mila enters the room and I love it! She would love to crawl and keep up with Mila and Jax, but isn't quite there yet...soon enough. After realizing how fast kids grow I don't mind her staying little and not doing those "big kid" things.
All in all, things here are good. I'm just loving keeping up with my little critters and watching them learn and grow each day!

No comments:
Post a Comment