Thursday, September 18, 2008

Here we go!

So, we've never really done this before but thought it would be a fun way to let everyone know what's going on with us since we've moved away.

Mila started preschool a couple weeks ago and...(drum roll please) SHE LOVES IT!!! Every morning when she wakes up the first thing she asks is "Do I get to go to school today?" She has made a few friends and is making more everyday. Today was "Red Day". She was excited to get to wear her red outfit and bring her favorite red snack to share...strawberries. I swear that girl could eat them everyday for every meal!

Jaxon started walking a couple weeks ago and he's really getting it figured out. He is cruising everywhere! It's crazy having two little people walking behind me everywhere I go now, but I love it! I love watching his face when he sees us watching him walk. It's like he is thinking "that's right...I'm a big boy". He is so pleased with himself. He will be running before we know it!

We went to the Oregon Zoo yesterday to see the new baby elephant. He is soooo cute! "Sam" following his mommy around reminded me a lot of my kids following me. We spent a few hours walking around looking at the animals and Mila was an excellent tour guide and animal expert.

Most of you probably heard about Benny getting hit by a car when we were in Idaho last. Luckily he only broke his leg. However, now he has to wear a splint for the next month and a half. He's been chewing on it so yesterday we had to go buy him one of those lamp shade looking e-collars to wear. I bet you can picture him now! He is so embarrassed...not only to be a gimp, but now to have that "necklace" (as Mila calls it) on his head. Mila tried to make it better though by decorating it with doggy stickers. She's such a thoughtful girl.

Well, I think that's enough "blogging" for now. We will see how often I actually remember to update this, but I hope you all enjoy it! I think we might make a trip outside now before the rain rolls in...ugg how I dislike this Portland/Vancouver weather!

Take care!


Here is a short video of Jaxon walking...more to come!

1 comment:

Nate and Kristi said...

Hey,

This is so cool. Once I figure out how to get mine up we can keep in touch a little easier. I hope all is well with you. Hopefully it is not raining too much. It sure poured here yesterday. Give Mila and Jaxon hugs for me.

Love, Kristi

Followers