Boy oh boy! Where do I even start??? We have had Benny the Beagle for a couple years now and he's been a pain to say the least! He is overly hyper, doesn't listen, and well...he's a boy! Boys will be boys I guess whether they are human or not. We can't get rid of him because he's Mila's dog, buddy, pal, companion, etc. She would be heartbroken if something happened to him.
A little recap: Benny got hit by a car a few weeks ago and broke his leg, therefore, he has to wear a splint for 6-8 weeks. We have to go in weekly-biweekly to get it changed. He was trying to chew on it so he also has to wear the e-collar cone on his head. We just took him in yesterday and he got a nice, new, clean bandage on the splint.
So, this morning I wake up to Mila yelling from her room "Mommy! Mommy! You have got to come see what Benny did!" My first thought is "Oh S***!" I run into her room and there is Benny shaking and cowering because he knows he's done something wrong. I look down and see his splint, still in tact, but not on his leg! He somehow reached out the end of his e collar and pulled the darn thing off! So, back to the vet we went this morning to get it re-wrapped. Then the vet calls me to tell me that they want to do x-rays to see if he even needs the dang splint...so frustrating! Why didn't they do that yesterday when he was there? Hopefully he won't need it and we will be done with this whole ordeal. This dog has cost us a lot more than I ever thought he would. It seems like these kind of things always happen to me...we call it "getting Storked"....will it ever end???
Anyone want a free beagle??? :)
When I can figure out how to get the pictures off of my phone and onto the computer, I'll put some up. I hope everyone else's day started off better than mine! Take care!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey...
Where are ya? It has been a week and 2 days. Come on...blog already!
J/K!
KB
Post a Comment