Saturday, January 9, 2010

Because Kristi says I'm a slacker....

I know it's been FOREVER since I posted last...I love reading everyone's blogs, but have troubles sitting down and writing my own. There is a lot going on in our lives and its easier to post a quick status update on Facebook rather than putting a post on here. But, since Kristi told me that I'm terrible at blogging I decided I'd take the time and write one...happy now? :)

So, what's been going on? Well, I am now 35 weeks pregnant and we still don't know what we are having. I am so excited to have this baby and to love it and hold it! The kids are getting excited too! Mila can't wait to be a big sister again and her mind changes daily as to whether she is getting a baby brother or a baby sister. Jaxon knows there is a baby in my belly, but then again he thinks that everyone has a baby in their belly, including himself! And I must be getting bigger because I went to give Jaxon a kiss one night and he said "Mommy BIG!" Luckily Mila
responded with "Mommy's supposed to be big, there's a baby in her belly!" That made me feel a little better! We are so excited that we've been blessed with another child and are ready for the chaos and adjustments that will come with it!

Mila is still loving preschool and is learning a lot! It is amazing the amount of stuff that she remembers and retains! I swear she's the smartest 5 year old I know! She is in dance class as well and has her first recital next weekend...I can't wait! She's also been talking about wanting to do gymnastics so we'll see if we end up doing that too.


Mila at Red Robin celebrating her 5th birthday!


On another note, we had a wonderful Christmas! Mila turned 5 the week before and we had fun celebrating with her first "friends" bday party. We went to Build-A-Bear and had a great time! We also had a family and friends birthday party that doubled as an ugly Christmas sweater party....that is always a blast! Last year people had just semi-ugly sweaters, but this year people showed up with entire outfits! It was a hoot! Then Christmas came and we were so ready! Jake finally had a day off! The kids were very into the Santa Clause stuff this year and were so eager to go to sleep! As they are every year, the kids were super spoiled with gifts! However, when Jaxon came down the stairs on Christmas morning and saw the train set that Santa left, he didn't care about the other presents....we had to pull him away and force him to open them! The rest of the day was spent relaxing and playing with the kids....and ended with our 4th annual Chi
nese take out Christmas dinner. We miss our family at the holidays, but its kind of nice to have a day with just our family creating our own traditions.

The kiddos in front of the tree on Christmas Eve

Mila with her new roller skates from Santa.
Jaxon and the train set that Santa left!
2009 flew by! It was a year full of many ups and downs and I am really looking forward to seeing the great things that 2010 will bring! I know that for sure I will be getting a niece, Finley Elizabeth, I will be having our 3rd child, and my sister Amy will be getting married so I'm sure the year will be fantastic! I hope yours will be too!

Well, I think that just about does it for the updates on our family. I'm sure there is something that I've left out, but pregnancy brain causes me to forget a lot. I hope this blog makes Kristi happy, since she's probably the only one who reads the darn thing! :) Happy 2010!!!


(For some reason when I went to preview and post it underlined everything and I can't fix it...oh well!)

5 comments:

Tamara Kenyon said...

I read it too! I have it in my Google Reader and every time a new post comes up it tells me :)

Jake, Megan, Mila, Jaxon, and Maylee said...

Well, that's good to hear! I don't post often, but Kristi started calling me names so I had to update it! :)

Nate and Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate and Kristi said...

In re-thinking...I did not call you a slacker technically...I just stated that I was firing you from the blogging world! That is all.

Jake, Megan, Mila, Jaxon, and Maylee said...

Ok so maybe those weren't your exact words, but it lit a fire and got me to blog! :)

Followers